As a baby photographer, I have the wonderful privilege of meeting absolutely amazing families every day and being a part of their once-in-a-lifetime memories.
I think my favorite part of the experience is watching a new mom cry as she sees her baby’s portraits for the first time. Those happy tears show that every sleepless night and dirty diaper is worth it, all to be able to finally hold your baby in your arms.
And I love that.
scroll down to take a peek
INTO MY LIFE
My husband, Micah, known to our friends as Mr. Camera Happy, was actually the one who introduced me to my first camera at sixteen years old. Over a decade later, we have a cozy home in the picture-perfect town of Palmer, Alaska, three kids, a dog, our dream careers, and all we’re missing is the picket fence.
Our children, a rough-and-tumble boy named Caleb, a sweet ray of sunshine named Samantha, and a dimpled toddler named Clara, are our joys (in fact, Caleb was the very first newborn I ever photographed!) and we are constantly inspired by each new milestone and discovery.
I know first-hand how wonderfully precious these fleeting moments are, and especially how fast the time flies by. It seems like just yesterday we were holding our son in our arms for the very first time, and now he is in fourth-grade. When it comes down to it, photography is all about enjoying the love of family and somehow cherishing those moments for just a little while longer.
I welcome families from all over Alaska and the Lower 48. I would love to be a part of your family's special memories or just make a new friend!
Awards and Publication
a few things about me
- I love bubble baths
- Reading is my favorite pastime
- Rock climbing helped conquer my fear of heights
- I married my only sweetheart (he's kind of amazing)
- I'm addicted to cooking shows and The Amazing Race
- Both my hubby and I were homeschooled, and now our kids are, too
- I've taught Sunday School for over 15 years
- We're a huge gaming family (both board games and video games)
- Apples and peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks